Dating griswold skillets
Straight/Straight, Centered (1910-1915) Wagner Sidney O. Arc/Straight/Straight (1920s)⁸ Wagner Ware Sidney -O- Stylized Logo, High (1922-1924, heat ring & size no.; 1924-1935, heat ring & c/n; 1935-1959, smooth bottom) Wagner Ware Sidney -O- Stylized Logo, Centered (1924-1935, heat ring & c/n)⁹ Wagner Ware Sidney -O- Stylized Logo, "Pie Logo" (1924-1934)¹⁰ National Arc Logo (1890s-1920s) National/Wagner Ware Sidney -O- Stylized, Dual Logo w/size number (1922-1924) National/Wagner Ware Sidney -O- Stylized, Dual Logo w/catalog no.
Randall Corporation, the owner of Wagner since 1952, sold both companies to Textron in 1959.
Textron sold them to the General Housewares corporation in 1969.
General Housewares made products under the Griswold and Wagner brands until 1999, when it closed and the manufacturing and brands were acquired by American Culinary Corporation of Willoughby, Ohio "One is considered fortunate nowadays if by chance one of these iron utensils is handed down to them from the second to the third generation.
In the 1920s Griswold began producing enameled items, and in the 1930s had added electrical items to their product line.
Miss Etta Moses worked for Griswold for over 50 years.
The first aluminum cookware was a tea kettle made around 1893.